NO CASH DAY™: Non-Cash Transactions in Poland – Where Are We, Where Are We Heading?
Date: 5th April 2016 in Warsaw
The Conference will take place in Conference Center DAGO in Warsaw.
- 09.30 – 10.00 – registration of participants, morning coffee
- 10.00 – 10.20 – Opening of the Conference within the European NO CASH DAY™ action – addresses by Honorary Patrons and Sponsors of the Conference
- 10.20 – 12.00 – Session: Non-cash transactions in Poland – present condition and development perspectives
- Tadeusz Kościński, Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Economic Development,
- Adam Tochmański, Head of the Coalition for Non-Cash Transactions and Micropayments, „Non-cash payments in Poland – yesterday, today and tomorrow”
- dr Jakub Górka, PhD, Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw, „Idiosyncratic reality – less cash, no cash, more cash”
- Paweł Bułgaryn, Ministry of Finance,
- Adrian Kurowski, Director of Visa Europe in Poland,
- 12.00 – 12.30 coffee break
- 12.30 – 13.20 – Session: Modern technologies and new generations of users as mainsprings in the development of non-cash transactions
- Grzegorz Wójcik, Head of the Polish Chamber of Electronic Economy,
- Cezary Kosiński, Swan Payments,
- 13.20 – 14.10 – Session: Legal regulations and increase in non-cash transactions
- dr Michał Grabowski, PhD, Attorney at Law,
- dr Krzysztof Korus, PhD, dLK Korus, Okoń Radcowie Prawni,
- 14.10- 15.30 – YES and NO for cash – closing discussion of the above speakers and guests, supporters and opponents of non-cash transactions,
- 15.30 – Summary and end of the Conference organized by Sławomir Cieśliński from Medien Service – partner of the No Cash Day action.
- 15.30 – 16.30 – dinner
The organizer will spare no attempt for the conference to take place according to the above agenda but partial modifications are possible.
Go to the application form
NO CASH DAY™ Non-Cash Transactions in Poland: Where Are We, Where Are We Heading?
5th April 2016 in Warsaw
The Conference Non-Cash Transactions in Poland: Where Are We, Where Are We Heading? has been designed as one of the activities in Poland within the pan-European action NO CASH DAY™. It is the first edition of this event in Poland and the first edition of it on such a scale in Europe as it has originated in Italy and has been organized there by association CashlessWay. What confirms the importance of this event is the fact that already its first edition enjoyed the patronage of the European Parliament..
The purpose of NO CASH DAY™ is to publicly appeal to limit cash payments and to raise public awareness of many, often unknown, negative aspects of this kind of payments..
Among the economic changes taking place in Poland in the past twenty five years, the considerable modernization of payment methods used in Poland is especially noteworthy. The breakthrough consisted of the introduction of payment card systems more than 20 years ago and with time included many other innovative solutions, e.g. mobile payments which are very fashionable and intensively advertised at the moment. The common feature of all this new phenomena has been and still remains the fact that all of them facilitate the access and use of money to the payers at the same time limiting the use of cash. The trend to increase non-cash transactions is considered desirable and the share of non-cash transactions in all payments in the given country is recognized as a measure of its advancement of civilization and technological progress.
Non-cash transactions are money settlements in which both parties (debtor and creditor) have bank accounts and no cash is used at any stage of the settlement. Also payment transactions using the instrument of electronic money are considered non-cash ones.
In Poland oriented, purposeful and joint actions of individual companies and institutions aimed at increasing the non-cash transactions have started about ten years ago – resulting from both external and internal factors.
The idea to prepare an end-to-end long-term program to develop non-cash transactions in Poland came into existence in 2007 as a result of discussions within the Coalition for Non-Cash Transactions and Micropayments, established at that time on the initiative of the Polish Bank Association, and of the main conclusion form brainstorming workshops organized by the National Bank of Poland and related to the advancement of non-cash transactions in Poland and the European Union.
It has to be emphasized here that neither the program for non-cash transactions development in Poland for the years 2011-2013 nor the amended one for the years 2014-2020 are the source of any duties imposed on citizens nor entrepreneurs. The program has always been a document that indicates directed actions that should be taken to popularize non-cash payment forms but it has not been directly specifying forms and ways to execute those actions. This is one of the reasons of the importance of organizing actions that popularize and advertise non-cash transactions to the whole society.
And since the development of non-cash transactions is a task and challenge not only for the Polish society, but for other European countries, the idea of a common action called NO CASH DAY™ is even more justified. Just as the conference on this matter is, and there is one taking place in Warsaw on 5th April and bearing the title Non-Cash Transactions in Poland: Where Are We, Where Are We Heading?
During this conference the following topics are planned to be discussed:
- development of non-cash transactions and its current advancement in Poland and the European Union
- Polish Program of Non-Cash Transactions Development for the years 2014-2020
- limits for cash payments in Poland and Europe
- changes in public attitudes towards non-cash transactions and their instruments
- convenience and security as basic factors accelerating the development of non-cash transactions
- modern non-cash payment instruments.
Among the audience we expect at least medium level experts and decision-makers (e.g. the level of department managers) from domestic companies and institutions affected by the issues discussed during the conference.
The speakers will include most of all the representatives of Polish and foreign companies having certain experience in the aspects of the non-cash transactions area described above – purely technical and technological ones as well as one concerning market and research practice. The conference will close with a panel discussion of experts aimed at systematization of the presented opinions and at the same time at drawing a scenario of possible occurrences related to advancement of non-cash transactions in Poland in the next several years.
09.00 – 09.30: registration of participants, morning coffee
09.30 – 15.00: main part of the conference with a coffee break
15.00 – 16.00: closing panel discussion of experts
16.00 – 18.00: dinner, time for the participants to talk and socialize.
The conference Non-Cash Transactions in Poland: Where Are We, Where Are We Heading? has originated and is organized by Medien Service Sp. z o.o., Polish partner of the NO CASH DAY™ action in Poland and its local organizer.
Organizer’s contact details:
Mobile phone: : +48 502 111 153